Thursday, August 12, 2010

On my mind... (and some new pictures)

I can't seem to get this stove off my mind.  Now, everywhere I look are gorgeous pictures of the Lacanche range that I want.  I found these pictures on the blog Belgian Pearls.  Now all I have to do is figure out what the rest of the kitchen should look like. When we met with Peter last week I asked if he had pictures of different cabinets that they have made that I could look at.  His response was that they could make what ever I wanted.  But, what do you get when you can have anything you want?  It is a decision that I will have to make carefully.  I am busy collecting pictures of things that I like- but liking something and living with the cabinets forever is totally different.  Do I want painted cabinets or natural wood?  What will complement the stove without over powering it?  I have seen a bunch of pictures of proud Lacanche owners that have totally overdone the kitchen and lost the beauty of the stove.  Tiles going every which way in a variety of patterns.  I don't want to do that.  A simple hood above and a piece of copper made for the back splash that will patina on it's own should be all it needs to stand out in our kitchen.  We thought about tiles but Dave and I couldn't decide on the same tile but both thought the copper a great idea.  I am beginning to think that tile stores are evil and should have marriage counselors in the back rooms for spouses that can't agree on the the zillion choices!



The Chagny- this is it! 
Complete with small broiling oven.
Trim details- so elegant
18,000 BTU burner in center with wok ring
Can I go from a 20 year old electric Hotpoint stove to this?
You bet!

No comments:

Post a Comment