Saturday, September 4, 2010

Remember Paris....

While awaiting some activity with the house I thought to regale you with some pictures of my trip to Paris.  Last year at this time I was in Paris.  Ah, the City of Lights.....  for those of you who have spent any time in Paris you will know how enthralling the city can be.  Even though it was not my first time in Paris, it was my longest stay.  I don't understand why this is the case, but many guys don't want to go to Paris.  For that reason Diane and I left husbands at home to care for kids or animals and headed on a girls adventure.  The impetus for the trip was to go to the Paris Home Show called Maison d'Objet to buy goods for the shop.  We also did a fair amount of looking in antique shops in and around the city.  The most famous being Clingancourt.  A maze of little booths with the most amazing collection of stuff your eyes can ever take in.  I think I could have filled a container with things that I wanted to bring home.  But with only one suitcase I had to be selective.  I only got one linen sheet this time!

Here are a few things that I had to sadly leave in Paris....

This booth was amazing. 
I wanted the hutch but would have settled on a small bowl.
I was told that they were only props...

Great corner cupboard.  The paint was old and wonderful.
This was something like 8000 euros!
As hard as I tried I could not see how this would fit in my suitcase.
I did manage 2 of these in my suitcase- they are quite heavy!
This booth was a cooks dream!
Nothing I didn't like here
Speaks for itself!
Best omlette ever!  I can't believe that I didn't let Diane have even one taste.
I am a bad friend...
More from this trip another time....

No comments:

Post a Comment