Saturday, June 12, 2010

Metamorphosis

I spent a lot of time looking at the before and after pictures of the David Field house.  I read the story about how it was saved from being a "practice event" for the local fire department.  The painstaking details that went into restoring the house to it's current state.  I liked the fact that even though the house looks old, it has many green and efficient aspects hidden within.  An old house with insulation- a novel concept.  The use of reclaimed woods and locally sourced clapboards.  Read more and see more pictures of this amazing transformation at the following link Field House.

I looked up Gulick and Spradlin's website http://www.gulickspradlin.com/.  To see what other magic they have performed?  I bookmarked their site for future reference thinking "someday I may have Dave to the point where I can contact them".  It takes time to carefully sway a spouse to your way of thinking.  It's a subtle art that I have managed a few times with Dave (he knows it now but at the time I don't think so).  I knew patience was going to be the key.  We would have to look at a lot more "not quite right houses" before he would be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment