Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Color color color- what color?

Just when you think that you have everything figured out it all goes awry.  I thought that I did my homework to find a color for the windows.  With a paint chip in hand I went to the Shelly house to make sure that the color Greenfield Pumpkin was compatible with the near neutral wood color of the stain.  I held up some reds as well.  Peter thought that the reds might fade over time and we should go with another color option.  I mean this was ages ago- there was green grass and leaves on the trees. That's how set I thought we were with color choices.

Thought Greenfield Pumpkin was it.

Also like Georgian Brick

I really do like the green of the Shelly house windows but thought that we should do something a little different on our house.  I mean both the Shelly house and the Field house have green trim.  Why play it safe and go with that?  Why you ask- because it's easy to copy!  It's hard to forge your own style apparently!  I mean, I have been driving around for months looking at trim color on people's homes and you know what I've come up with- NOTHING!  All the damn trim is white.  You know why????   It's EASY!

Shelly House
So when the windows arrived and Dave went to get the paint to begin painting the 34 windows with 2-3 coats each- we wanted to get started.  Once the can was opened and the paint started to go on I was alarmed.  It looked like peanut butter- not even good all natural peanut butter but Jiff.  As the windows were painted it didn't get any better either.  Dave also commented that the paint didn't look as appealing as it did on the chip.  Now what????? So Dave found a more brick color- Aztec Brick and started to repaint.  It's a lovely color but way too orange for 34 windows and casings.  Can we marry the two and use both?  Not sure.  We asked a friend to come and help us as she used to work at a paint shop.  She had some good thoughts and will return tomorrow with more paint chips.  This is TORTURE!

Aztec Brick next to chicken house

Greenfield Pumpkin

Combo

Weighing our options
I really want to like this but I just don't.  I can't even talk myself into liking it.  So depressing......  The green is looking better and better all the time.  Woe is me......

No comments:

Post a Comment