Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Zen feeling....

The atmosphere of the house has gone from cramped- where all our stuff was smashed into a few rooms to a nice simple zen feeling.  While we didn't actually have a lot of furniture before the size of the house made it seem like we did.  One piece next to the other with no visual space in between.  Not a soothing environment to say the least.  I was always hesitant to purge these pieces since they were inherently very nice.  From the small space we ventured into the chaotic and a state of turmoil and complete entropy! Take an already cramped house and throw it all into a few rooms and then add dust and animals.  No wonder that I thought I was losing my mind!  The remodeling phase was hell on earth to put it mildly but I knew that the pay off would be worth the inconvenience

And now....... well- calm, beauty, tranquility..... a zen sort of feeling of well-being when I get home.  It's not perfect yet and there is still a lot to do.  Moving the furniture into the new spaces has opened things up and you can actually see them now.  We certainly don't need to buy anything new- which is great! Some things have moved into the barn and a few more waiting for some strong arms to help them along.  There are still areas of the house where I get agitated looking at or overwhelmed thinking about.  But it's slowly coming together.  Aside from my absolutely stunning kitchen my new favorite place to stand and look is the upstairs landing.  What was once a little cramped office is now a really cool space.  We are still hanging pictures and trying to decide on a wall color.  I've been thinking that an interesting beigey browny gray- here we go with the color chips again!  There's a Benjamin Moore color called Racoon Hollow that might be nice.

Benjamin Moore Raccoon Hollow

I love this Chinoiserie desk- perfect with my funny light fixture
A little maritime feel to the upstairs landing.  A far cry from my horrid old office!
  Going down the stairs is a little shelf that is just perfect for a few of our little objects.

Tiny anchor finally able to be seen
New spaces for collections- nice and simple!

The babies are getting big and starting to explore more and more.  They have outgrown their pen and we still haven't built a turkey house.  They were living in the dog crate but have decided on their own that they prefer to roost in the big pine tree next to the house.  They get way up there at night.  I hope that they are safe but what can you do?  During the day they come down at dawn and go as a pack through the yard eating buggies.  They come running over when I open the door.  I'm convinced that Moose is a tom turkey.  He has a bigger snood that has a life of it's own.  Pretty creepy really but he's a nice boy and takes care of the girls.  One morning I saw him all puffed up like a gray cloud!  The girls are very sweet and curious as ever.  I have to swoosh them out of the kitchen!

Babies are growing up fast!  They're getting bold too.
 What is Pip up to this week? Not much- maybe he's on vacation???

Pip doing what he does best!

No comments:

Post a Comment