Thursday, January 19, 2012

La sal de bain magnifique!

I mentioned that I absolutely adore our new master bathroom.  It being really the only 100% fully functional bathroom in the house I guess it has to be fabulous!  Our old master bath (which wasn't so grand) is now our laundry room and in need of some "finishing up".  Not much of a project but something we'll need to ponder and put some time into over the winter.  I think it may also be time to explore different laundry room scenarios that I find on the web.  The downstairs bathroom is still a "lady in waiting".  It has a plan but cannot be executed for a few years yet.  I have chosen the tub and found tiles that I want.  We have more of the wonderful terra cotta that we used in the master bath for the floor.  We have even got a nice antique mirror and the lights in there already.  So,  I'm willing to wait for perfection.  I've waited this long for the rest of it.

So what's so great about the master bath you say?  Well, just about every little thing!  For starters the room is big and has cathedral ceilings.  Sometimes I think it is about the same size as out old bedroom. Is it too big?  Can it be too big- naw!  The size and position of the windows are just perfect for light as well as modesty.  Small windows facing the yard where you don't want anyone to see you and a larger one facing the wooded area in the back- where no one can see you.  I learned the virtues of a well placed potty when we were going through the construction and no matter where you went you were sitting right next to a window- a little unnerving but we lived!

Can you have a chair and a ladder in your bathroom?
The shower is pretty sweet too.  It's large with a nice sized bench. At first I was a little unsure about the bench but the guys convinced me that shaving my legs would be a lot easier with the bench.  You know they were right and I won't ask how they knew.   The shelf that runs the length of the shower is also perfect for all my soaps, shampoos and conditioners as well as the little Buddha head that graces the corner.

I've become the squeegee queen of the large glass door
You remember the quandary that I was in about the pebble floor that Dave wanted and I was unsure about.  Well, I have to admit they are wonderful!  John did an exceptional job installing them and making sure they were smooth and easy on the feet.

Island Stone's Perfect Pebble are just that!
The Restoration Hardware vanity was a great choice for this bath.  It gives an old feeling and blends well with the French terra cotta floor.  It has a lot of drawers to keep things in which we didn't have before.  The walls were painted Benjamin Moore's "Tree Moss".  It's a color that is easy to live and we have gotten a lot of compliments on it's soothing nature.   The mirror was made by Dave's grandfather Smith.  We love it and glad that it fit in so well in the new bath.  Alongside the mirror (and one on the windowsill) are small landscape paintings by Alicia Melluzzo- our favorite local artist.  We have quite a few works of hers scattered around the house.

So spoiled in our new bath!
Another great pendant light from our friends at Brimfield
I managed to find a nice little primrose- my winter favorites
I am getting so spoiled in our new home.  It's hard to extract myself from the house these days.  I was never one to loiter in the bathroom but now it's just so easy to spend time wandering in and out from the bed room.  How did we live without this new space?

No comments:

Post a Comment