Monday, July 26, 2010

Illuminate....

Over the years we have collected a few lights from Scofield Historic Lighting in Ivoryton CT http://www.scofieldhistoriclighting.com/.  In my opinion it is the best reproduction lighting anywhere.  Needless to say it is our first choice for the new lights in the house.  Hopefully Dave and I can agree on what to get and where it will go.  I am sure there will be a few wires hanging out the walls until we can afford to get all the lighting we want.  There are also some cool less expensive lighting choices from Mothology that I can get to hold us over until we can afford the real deal. 

I really want these lights in the kitchen.  I can see them in 3's either over the center island or the counter somewhere.

The first in this series could do in a pinch

In the dining room I think that either of these sconces would complement the candle chandelier that we already have.

A little too formal?
Maybe a little better for my more primitive house?

These pendant lights might look nice either in the kitchen or the bathroom if the ceilings are high enough.

These may be great in the bathroom or kitchen?
Beautiful in a hallway

So simple

Anywhere

Let me think.....

These are really great, hope Dave likes them.

I think that we have our work cut out for us to try to narrow down the choices.  Maybe a little trip to Scofield's studio to really get a good sense of what they look like in person.  What ever we choose they will be great since we have loved the sconces and lanterns we have already.

1 comment: