Friday, November 19, 2010

And there was wood....

The Tool Trolley

A drum roll please....... announcing the long anticipated arrival of the Gulick and Spradlin (G&S) crew.  After maybe 6+ months of preparation from measurements to design, permits, dirt moving and pouring of cement- G&S is in the house.  Well, outside of the house anyway!

The little purple digger was gone when I got home on Wednesday night.  I felt a little sad about it but knew it would return soon.  The first to arrive the scene was the G&S "tool trolley".  I have no idea what they call the little trailer that keeps all the equipage needed for the project but tool trolley is what I'm calling it.  The G&S crew arrived in their black trucks and shortly thereafter a load of wood for the barn.  Dave and I kept peering out the windows to see what was happening.  I am sure that the novelty will wear off soon but for now it's fun to see what is going on.  I am relieved that they are all outside and across the driveway.  I am however wondering why I never got curtains.  Does not seem to be the right time to invest in them either.  Oh well......

Last night Dave and I stood outside with the flashlight and admired the progress of the day.  I took a deep breath in to enjoy the smell of lumber.  Wood smells good! 

Floor of barn starting to take shape

Stacks of lumber all ready to go!

A portion of the barn floor taking shape

I loved this structural view of the foundation with the wood and stone

Supporting the floor

No comments:

Post a Comment