Sunday, November 28, 2010

So Thankful.....


Two lucky girls!

I hope that everyone had a very nice Thanksgiving holiday.  There was so much to be thankful for this year!.  Firstly I want everyone to know that Cranberry and Gravy are safe and sound still in their pen happily wandering around and snooting for bugs etc.  These girls had no idea how good they had it!!!  The heritage breed Broad Breasted Bronze turkey from Whitegate Farm- from all reports from meat eaters was delicious.  Thank you Jay for preparing a most delicious meal for us all.

This year has taken us on quite a wild ride.  Last year at this time we thought we were going to move so we were busy getting little things in this house fixed and the cottage ready for sale....we spent many months looking for the perfect house to buy that does not exist.... and then the huge decision to stay here and undertake this most overwhelming, all-consuming yet totally satisfying project.

I also want to apologize to my husband for the over use of the words "I" and "my" used in this blog.  These words will be replaced with "we" and "ours".  Dave is not the name of our dog and I am not a single woman.  Sorry honey.... I got carried away.

While the holiday has quieted the building activity around the house for a few days, the G&S crew went great guns before the break and will be back tomorrow for more.  I was thrilled to hear the Greatful Dead playing as they worked!  Check out how far the barn has come in just a short amount of time.

Walls up!


To.....

Floors down...

Location for the staircase to "Green Grape Press Ephemera".


Really taking shape...

The other night when I got home it was pretty late and I went out to look at the progress of the barn.  I looked out over the house to see the most amazing view.  I decided to spend some time taking it all in so I laid down of the new floor of the barn (why not, it was there and new) and gaze out at the little William Tripp House.  I tried to take a picture but of course it was too dark but just imagine the house with the moon coming up over the roof line.  Silhouetted was the chimney and top of the pine tree.  It was lovely.  I just think that the position of the barn to the house is perfect.  I can picture myself working in my studio and looking out over the little cozy house.....  then running like Hell into the house (a direct shot to the door) when I'm done so no beasties get me in the dark.

While I have been minding the shop this week, Dave has been busy getting things put away inside the house.  Tomorrow they will start to shorten the sun room by 7 feet.  This means that everything in Dave's 18th Ce. tavern needs to be washed and packed up.  Same with the Canton china in the dining room. There's stuff and boxes everywhere!  We've discovered some really neat things that we forgot we had!  By the time it gets unpacked at the end of the project it will again have been forgotten and rediscovered.  Hopefully the new configuration of the house will let more light in and we can actually see these treasures!


Fish and visitors stink after 3 days.... so true!

Looks like a painting- no?

Little Canton collection- Ask me if I care that it is all repaired or chipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment