Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes.....

There have been a lot of changes outside the front door lately.  It has been an adventure getting to the house these days with the shortened daylight.  I try the best I can to see the changes when I get home but it's never totally a satisfying experience.  Now the morning is another thing.  I open my eyes and look out (well, have to put on the glasses first or I see nothing but fuzz) to see what has happened the previous day.  Usually I only have a short time to run out and take some pictures.  I did miss a few days when Bob showed up extra early. 

I'll show you some of the before pictures and then the "in progress" pictures.  You can see how much change there has been.  Now, don't ask me what it's supposed to look like when it's done since I haven't a clue!  I wonder if anyone really does?


Remember this is what the area looked like-

Foundation for barn with retaining wall in background



I love the fact that there has been so much digging and rearranging of the yard but it is left really neat and tidy.  All the toys are put back in their place.  The little purple digger finds different places to spend the night.  The other night he was smack in the middle of the barn on a mound of dirt!  Why didn't I take a picture?

This is what the back of the house looked like with a boarder garden, well I am not really sure it was a garden but rather a tangle of ivy and iris (oh, I forgot I had iris in there- crap) and some really neat little daffodils (sniffle sniffle), plus my hydrangea and lilacs.  OK, I can't be too attached to things- there will be plenty of time to replant.  Again, please don't ask what this will look like- I don't know.

Back of the house before

Full ugliness of back of the house

A softer angle

What I do know is that the new front entry will move from the side door (which will stay), to a front entry and mud room located at the far end of the porch.  The little purple digger (and Bob) took all the garden away and lowered the elevation- is that right? 

The new front entry will be at the far end of the porch

Bob was nice enough to put down some crushed stones so that I wouldn't trip up the walk.

View down the driveway


Here are all the frames that they used for the foundation. How tidy they are!  You can also see how much earth they have removed.  Curious to know what this will all look like someday.




The hydrangea and lilac trees have been moved for their winter accommodations down at the end of the driveway.  They will be safe there until we know where they will take up permanent residence.


My hydrangea, divided and a new home for the winter


From here....
....to here for the winter



No comments:

Post a Comment