Saturday, December 18, 2010

Aldo Bernardi Lighting- Sigh...Tuscany.

Last week when I was looking at the blog Remodelista (my ultimate source for cool stuff) to find sites selling goose neck lighting  for the barn, I came across Aldo Bernardi lighting.  I was directed to the US distributor's web site Ollier Distributors http://www.carolollier.com/catalog/index.php.  There I spent a very long time staring at what I think to be the most beautiful rustic lighting I've ever seen.  It brought me back to a trip to Tuscany I took a few years ago.  If you haven't been to Tuscany- you must go.  Especially if you love great scenery.  We would joke "now there's another crappy view" at all the surreal bucolic vistas that you see in the little Tuscan villages. Now that I think about it I have some pictures.... funny I must have been thinking a lot about gutters when I was in Italy.  Who takes so many pictures of gutters?  I am sure we will revisit the gutter theme again when we get that far with the project.  But until then enjoy these nifty old gutters.





 And now for some of that crappy scenery- these are not postcards!

This road is well known but I can't remember where it is.

Fienzole

Garden center in Volterra

Beautiful isn't it?
Now, while Aldo Bernardi is not from Tuscany, he is from an area Northwest of Venice.  He works meticulously with brass and copper.  Each piece is hand crafted by local artisans.  It is really beautiful.  We particularly like the lights with the wavy shades.


Above barn door?

A little nautical look

How about these over the kitchen counter or center island???

Over side door of barn?

Simply elegant!

Are you getting the sense that I like rust?  I think I may be.....

No comments:

Post a Comment