Friday, December 3, 2010

Yikes!

Lots going at the house this week.  A rain day yesterday on account that the rain and wind was coming from every angle but a lot of progress has been made nonetheless.  Bob and the little purple digger are back and going to town digging a huge hole outside the back door.  The stump from the black walnut tree has come out.  Check out the size of of that sucker!

Holy cow ...that's one hell of a stump!

Watch that first step... it's a doozey!
The fence has been reconfigured to allow for Bob's dump truck to come in and out and a second secure area for the dogs to roam.  The dog part has been a challenge for us.  To take the beasts out we now have to go out the front door and then walk them on leashes around to the gate and the fenced in yard.  Now, try to take 3 jumping pooches out at one time- no way.  So each morning I have to take them on their own personal outing.  After a few days I have learned to feed them fast before taking them out. The other night I was jolted out of bed by Dave who announced that the dogs had run away.  How could that have happened?  Well, normally Dave has good command of the dogs, they seem to listen to him (not to me. no one listens to me)- anyway, he opened the door and off they went into the darkness.  Jet black dogs in pitch black night.  A recipe for disaster.  Out into the night I flew calling Pip.... Coal... nothing.  Dave went out in the car to look.  I called time after time.  I was a nervous wreck.  At long last I see Coal trudging up the driveway wagging his tail.  Relief!  But where was Pip?  I called again.... looking up and down the street...... just then I see the little body running towards me.  Relief again.  We are all in the house breathing hard. But where was Dave?  Eventually I heard the car pull up and the door open.    I made him promise never to take them out without a leash again!  Since "the incident" all has gone smoothly.

The barn is really taking shape.  The second story is so- 3 dimensional and today when I got home I have the outline to the roof.  It is very cool.  It is really spacious and the ceiling so high.  That's great when you live in an antique house with low ceilings.  I will have 2 skylights, that according to Peter will have a remote control opener and moisture sensor.  How high tech.  That's great since I don't need to be calling Dave every day to have him check the iron and the the skylights.  The iron is enough I think.

Looks like one of those toys you have to put tab A into slot B...

Lots of windows!

Temporary stairs to the studio.


Dormer taking shape

My own window on the kingdom

So cool!

Opening for staircase

Windows overlooking chicken coop
So happy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment