Saturday, December 25, 2010

Joyeux Noel....

Merry Christmas to all!  I have been busy doing absolutely nothing today- a novel concept for me and I am not sure that I am very good at it.  I did manage to take a few pictures to show all the progress that happened last week in anticipation of a well earned week off!  Now that I look at the weather forecast I think I may have to get used being inside for a while.  Now I wish that we had gotten that firewood!

Since we had no Christmas tree this year we put all our presents under the beautiful poinsettia that G&S sent to us.  Very festive!



My favorite gifts were a small painting by Alicia Melluzzo of Deep River and a collection of pottery animals that Dave had commissioned by a woman who makes pottery for our shop- Maple Lane Pottery.  I had no idea that Dave and Robbi had been corresponding with drawings of all the pets past and present.  It's funny since we have this gift giving rule of "nothing with a face".  I think that this was totally blown by both of us this year.

Bunce (d), Cranberry, Josh, Coal, Pip, Bess (d) and Pekoe (d)

When we were in Maine in September we found this woman at the Common Grounds Fair selling items made of moose poop.  She was hilarious and actually does stand up comedy (I think featuring the poop).  Here's a link to an article where you can read more poop about poop-  Tirdy Works.  Nothing was more fun for my 5 year old nephew than a necklace of moose poop with googly eyes!


What's better than poop when you are 5?

Sh*t on a Shingle!

OK, enough about poop- Here are pictures of this past weeks progress!

Foundation poured and deck installed

My poor yard- now what???? 

Bulkhead being installed

New basement so far!

Pip and Coal not too sure what is happening
Now it's all covered up and awaiting a blanket of snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment