Tuesday, October 26, 2010

And Now for Something Pretty!

OK, it's been all about tearing things down lately.  The old addage that it has to get worse before it gets better is really true in this situation.  My yard is TRASHED!  There isn't one pretty thing to look at right now.  The only thing of beauty is that little purple digger- but that's purely symbolic.  When digger shows up, things happen!

But, we can't live on demolition alone.  Yesterday I actually ordered something pretty.  I kept hearing from people about how wonderful Restoration Hardware had become and how they totally redid their store in sort of European distressed Belgian.  All music to my ears, being a fan of all 3 words.  I had been loaned a catalog and was going through the bathroom furniture just for fun.  I had no idea what I would want for the master bathroom but suddenly my eyes fell upon.... perfection.

The Saint James vanity- http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod20105&categoryId=cat20030




So, was it just a pretty face or was it worthy of consideration.  I would have to see this in person.  So Dave and I went to.... gasp.....the mall!  We went as quickly as humanly possible to the store and found the display model.  It looked pretty good.  All seemed very solid.  The back made of wood and with screws even!  The finish was nice and the drawer fronts were dovetailed.  I kept looking at Dave for something to be amiss.  But he said "it's nice, I like it".  We decided to splurge for the Carrara marble top since it would be easier to keep clean.  Best of all, it was on sale!  Now to pick the perfect faucet for it at Waterworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment