Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Poof!

After years of thinking about replacing the garage and months of sorting and culling through the crap that lay buried within- the garage was taken down just like it was a toy.  I do have to admit that I was not there to witness the demo but in my mind it disappeared "just like that".  The thing that amazed me the most was that the whole garage fit into a dumpster! 

I left for work with the garage looking like this-



When the little purple digger is around- good things happen :-)

I arrived home to see this-

It looks much smaller without the garage there!

Now the storage container stands all alone....

Old retaining wall where new barn will be located

The next morning they came to collect the dumpster. I went down to the shop to get out of the guy's way. Seems like I do that a lot lately. Moving the car or leaving early. The neighbors are probably getting used to me running down the road in my nightgown with polar fleece after moving my car to the little access road. What a sight!  Anyway, I spent a few minutes at the shop before heading to work. Cruising down route 95 I saw a truck merge onto the highway right next to me. I looked at the truck and it was the dumpster carrying my garage! It almost ran me off the road. Was the garage trying to tell me something? We went neck and neck half way to work. Eventually the truck turned off.  I bid it farewell and didn't look back!

The tree guys returned to clear a few trees that were in the way of the new barn-


Making way for the barn!
And today they began to remove the cement pad that was the floor of the garage.

This is what is left

No comments:

Post a Comment