Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ready- Set - Go!..... No wait!

The project is getting going, well sort of.  The summer was warm and dry- just what you would want for the project right?  Now that all the permits are in place the schedules have been cleared and we are ready to start- Rain!  Ugh, why me?  Dave has been busy preparing the outside of the house for the crews to arrive.  The garage is looking much better, things are organized, cleaned and put into the container.  Only a few stray things left to attend to.  The stone walls that have surrounded the patio have been taken up.  There was once a lovely little wall that held up the pachysandra but this has been dismantled.  

Once held up by a lovely little wall.

Here's where the walls have gone.  All in a pile under the spruce tree.  I am glad that I was not involved with this part of the project.  My back could go into spasm just looking at this pile!


Doesn't look like much but back breaking work was done!

Here is where I actually did some work.  We cleared all the phlox, daisy and sedums from the area where the road was to go.  It was getting a little out of control anyway so I was OK ripping out a lot of it.  The peonies did get transplanted further down the fence.  Other things that were lucky enough to come up with roots also found a new home.  I wish them all good luck!


Look out here comes a road!
The first attempt to schedule the road was rained out.  Our first day and our first delay.  I thought I was getting a road for my birthday but all I got was mud.  Very sad! 

But Monday I left for work saying good bye to the garden area.  I came home and voila a road!  It looks pretty nice as far as access roads go.  Dave wants to leave it.   I don't think so!


Looks pretty good huh?
The gate looks like it will hold the wee beasties from bolting out into traffic.  I think they are going to add more gravel to raise it up a bit more.  


Can hardly tell my garden was here :-(
So where did all that dirt go you wonder?  In front of the rest of my garden- of course!

Wondering where that dirt went.... here it is!
Care for a spin around the block?  This little digger looks so cute in the yard.  Is purple the "in color" for diggers?

How cute is this little purple digger?

The tree guy was supposed to come today but again foiled due to rain.  They certainly do not want to get those big trucks stuck in the yard.  So, for the time being the walnut tree still stands.  I really will miss it when it's gone.  But I am so excited to have gotten the project actually going.  Seems like we all waited so very long!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment